May also be used for :
- Distention and fullness in epigastrium and abdomen
- Loss of taste and appetite
- Heavy sensation in the limbs and body
- Loose stools or diarrhea after eating
- Easily fatigued
- Increased desire to sleep
- Feeling lazy with a preference for inactivity
- Acid regurgitation
- Cough with sputum
- Shortness of breath
- Fullness in the chest
- Persistent bitter taste in the mouth
100% HERBAL CONTENTS
CONCENTRATION RATIO 5:1
- Atractylodes lancea (Cang Shu)
- Magnolia officinalis (Hou Po)
- Citrus reticulate (Chen Pi)
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (Gan Cao)
- Put water(4-6 oz/half of mug cup) in a kettle and boil it. Or Warm it up in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Take the herb tea and put about one slightly rounded tablespoon(3-5g).
- Pour just a tablespoon of the very hot (nearly boiling) water into the mug; only enough to dampen the herb tea. If you use sugar or honey, put in your sugar(honey). Now, with a metal spoon, crush the slurry against the side of the mug.
- Stir in the rest of the hot water. (4-6oz)
Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with diabetes or a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. Keep out of the reach of children.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
What does it do? In TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
In this formula, the most important ingredient is Atractylodes(Cang Shu) which is warm in nature and has a bitter, acrid taste. It regulates the spleen and eliminates dampness. Magnolia(Hou Po) has a warm character and bitter taste. It eliminates dampness and alleviates distention of the abdomen. Citrus(Chen Pi) is warm in character with a pungent taste, promoting the flow of vital Qi and acting as an expectorant. Magnolia(Hou Po) and Citrus(Chen Pi) both have a fragrant odor and strengthen the spleen. They regulate the Middle Jiao and enhance the effect of the other herbs in this formula. Glycyrrhiza(Gan Cao) is both a tonic and regulator. It acts as an adjuvant herb and a balancing agent.
This formula is primarily used to treat help stasis caused by coldness and dampness of the Middle Jiao. It is also effective in treating abdominal distension, eructation, acid regurgitation, poor appetite, vomiting, nausea, lethargy, watery stool, thick, white fur on the tongue, all kinds of gastrointestinal tract ailments caused by poor digestion, as well as growling of the stomach and diarrhea after meals.