May also be used for :
- Low back, knees and legs painful and weak
- Foot pain
- Diminished hearing
- Five sole Heat
- Chronic dry, sore throat
- Wasting and thirsting disorder (Xiao Ke)
- Muscular weakness
- Dry skin
- Steaming bones
- Delayed closing or unclosed fontanel in infants
- Tidal fevers
- Loose teeth
- Dripping urine
- Dry tongue
- Numbness and weakness at the waist and knees
- Heel pain
- Dry mouth
- Dry throat
- Blurred vision
- Urinary incontinence
- Spontaneous and nocturnal emissions
- Night sweats
100% HERBAL CONTENTS
CONCENTRATION RATIO 5:1
- Rehmannia glutinosa (Shu Di Huang)
- Alisma plantago aquatica (Ze Xie)
- Cornus officinalis (Shan Zhu Yu)
- Dioscorea batata (Shan Yao)
- Paeonia suffruticosa (Mu Dan Pi)
- Poria cocos (Fu Ling)
- Put water(4-6 oz / half of mug cup) in a kettle and boil it. Or Warm it up in the microwave for about 1 minutes.
- Take the herb tea and put about one slightly rounded tablespoon(3-5g).
- Pour just a tablespoon of the very hot (nearly boiling) water into the mug; only enough to dampen the herb tea. If you use sugar or honey, put in your sugar(honey). Now, with a metal spoon, crush the slurry against the side of the mug.
- Stir in the rest of the hot water. (4-6oz)
Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with diabetes or a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement. Keep out of the reach of children.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
What does it do? In TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
This formula(Liu Wei Di Huang Wan) was formulated by Qian Yi Zhong Yang of the Song dynasty, by removing Cinnamomum(Pao Rou Gui) and Aconite(Fu Zi) from Zhong Jing's Ba Wei Di Huang Wan and retaining the other six ingredients: thus, the name Liu Wei Di Huang Wan. This formula is used to treat the Kidney meridian and the Liver meridian.
Rehmannia(Shu Di Huang), the principal ingredient in this formula, nourishes kidney yin, increases semen, and strengthens the bone marrow. Cornus(Shan Zhu Yu) stops nocturnal emission, conserves the qi, and dispels deficiency fire, preventing the liver qi from circulating abnormally and dissipating, and thus enables the storing of essential qi by the kidneys. Dioscorea(Shan Yao) invigorates the spleen, strengthens the kidneys and revitalizes the spleen qi, thus preventing a deficiency in the source of essential kidney qi. Paeonia(Mu Dan Pi) dispels fire and cools the blood. Poria cocos(Fu Ling) removes moist heat from the spleen. Alisma(Ze Xie) is both a diuretic and a tonic for the eyes and ears.
This formula has a wide range of clinical applications. It is principally helpful of a deficiency of kidney yin, flaming up of deficiency fire, soreness of the lumbar region and pain of the lower extremities, pain in a tooth, headache with dizziness, poor hearing and poor vision, night seating, poor sleeping, pain in the heels, inconvenience to urinate, recurring fever, warmth in the center of the hands and feet, toothaches by deficiency fire, dryness of mouth and throat, and difficulties in breathing with cough.